Aug 24, 2022
Quick question: when was the last time you saw a photo of
yourself and thought, “Damn! I look good!”
Can you remember the last compliment you gave yourself? Or
better yet, when was the last time you looked at yourself in the
mirror and felt appreciation for the reflection looking back at
you? Unfortunately, most of us don't give ourselves permission to
do that or are too critical of ourselves that we can't see anything
good in our bodies.
If you're struggling with self-image, a quick photoshoot is all
you need to boost your self-esteem. But there's a problem, most of
us are camera shy. And it's easy to understand why - our selfies
and snapshots can be pretty awful. Maybe the lighting is bad, the
angle is not right, or the picture is out of focus. This is why the
photographer is as important as the camera itself. Luckily, we have
Emily, whose creativity and eye for aesthetics can make anyone look
amazing - and all she needs is an iPhone.
Join us to learn how the perfect photo can improve your
self-confidence and help you embrace your authentic self in ways
you've never seen before.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Emily can effortlessly make anyone look great in a
- How to boost your self-confidence through well-taken
- How you can feel more confident in front of the camera.
- Nothing is worse than being overly critical about how you
- Sarah explains how mothers can use photography to embrace their
sexuality and decorate their bodies with clothes that make them
feel good and sexy.
- Understand that having beautiful pictures taken of you can be
- Emily describes how using an iPhone to take pictures makes
people relax because it feels less professional.
- If you're struggling to get photos of you taken, try to forget
about everything around you and just enjoy the process.
- Tips to help you to relax and feel comfortable in front of the
- According to Emily, your goal as the person taking the photos
is to capture people in their true authentic element.
- The best photos rarely come from fake confidence; it only
happens when you really own who you are.
- Sarah describes how the results of a great photography session
can totally blow your mind - these photos then become the visual
affirmation of how handsome or beautiful you really are.
- An excellent photoshoot session helps erase negative self-image
and allows you to feel more connected with your own body and
- You can use your newfound confidence from a fantastic photo
session to change your perspective on life and have something
physical you can be proud of.
- Hear about the photo shoot that Emily and Sarah did that got
Emily kicked off of a dating app! This story is soo good!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Inner Archeology Email
Sarah Turner on Instagram
Emily Pennystone on Instagram
InnerArcheology.tv (video version)