May 18, 2022
Decision-making is probably one of the greatest challenges we
face as a species, and everybody’s processes are different! In this
episode, we share our personal processes, including what works for
us and what doesn’t, and discuss the importance of getting really
clear on when not to make a decision at all. We have some
great tips and tricks for those moments when you don’t feel vaguely
equipped to make any decision whatsoever, or when you feel your
intuition is simply not coming to the party. It’s important to
differentiate your shoulds from your wants, and make your decisions
accordingly! Tune in to hear our thoughts, challenges, and
tendencies when it comes to decision-making, as well as a few words
of wisdom about receiving advice.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The scavenger hunt Sarah participated in over the weekend.
- The importance of finding ways to play more as adults.
- Check out our video podcasts!
- Emily's first time publicly exhibiting her jewelry at an art
- The tendency to reach out to people to aid in
- Our decision-making processes.
- Knowing when not to make a decision.
- How to reassure yourself when you don’t feel equipped to make a
- The negotiable nature of things.
- The importance of normalizing taking the time you need to make
- Getting curious about your own decision-making processes.
- A great decision-making tactic if you’re unsure of how you feel
- Getting clear on whether you’re making a decision out of
obligation or desire.
- How to assist others in making a decision.
- Why it’s helpful to hear what you don’t want to hear.
- Why you should never ask for opinions on your baby
- The value of asking complete strangers for advice.
- The importance of separating yourself from the advice you
- Our ability to make decisions intuitively.
- The importance of cultivating self-trust.
- The tendency to make decisions for the well-being of others
rather than your own.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Inner Archeology Patreon
Inner Archeology Email
Sarah Turner on Instagram
Emily Pennystone on Instagram